At All About Neem our mission is simple, to "Neem the World" by providing natural and beneficial neem products to improve your health. We want to see others improve their skin, hair, bodies and overall health, as we have done ourselves, by educating those looking for natural remedies and providing high quality Neem products. All About Neem is a woman owned and operated business, currently employing women from all walks of life. So this month we wanted to take some time to help share and educate others on something that has or may affect each one of us. Breast Cancer.
Breast Cancer Statistics
- Did you know that about 1 in 8 U.S. women- 12%- will develop breast cancer over the course of her lifetime?
- Except for Skin Cancer, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in American women.
- Breast cancer death rates are higher than death rates for any other type of cancer, besides lung cancer.
- Want some GOOD NEWS? With increased awareness, early detection and better screening, the death rates from breast cancer continue to decline.
Research has shown that living as naturally as possible, by eating organic foods, using natural and toxic free skin care products, exercising and maintaining a healthy mental health could help in preventing severe health issues. Below are some resources and websites to help you learn more about breast cancer, how you can check for breast cancer, what to do if you find a lump and breast cancer support groups.
Signs and symptoms of breast cancer can include:
- a change in size or shape of the breas
- a lump or thickening that feels different from the rest of the breast tissue
- redness or a rash on the skin and/or around the nipple
- a change in skin texture such as puckering or dimpling (like orange peel)
- discharge (liquid) that comes from the nipple without squeezing
- your nipple becoming inverted (pulled in) or changing its position or shape
- a swelling in your armpit or around your collarbone
- constant pain in your breast or your armpit
Resources to the top questions about Breast Cancer
How can I find a breast cancer support group in my area?
Several organizations have lists of support groups all over the country. They include:
- the National Cancer Institute's Cancer Information Service, 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237)
- your local chapters of the American Cancer Society and the Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- local hospitals and breast cancer clinics
You'll also find an active online support community at the Breastcancer.org Discussion Boards. We hope you are as excited as we are and look forward to sharing with others ways to stay healthy, be proactive in their health and if you have a story to tell that you wish to share, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us!
Walk in Good Health!
Pam “The Neem Queen”
Read about how All About Neem is raising awareness for Breast Cancer and how we are giving back. HERE