Mother’s day is a day that many take to recognize the moms in our life or the women who have played a significant role in our lives. It’s a day to spoil or treat that special mother to a ‘day off’, a bouquet of flowers, dinner out, earrings, a pedicure or a bottle of wine. A day, albeit it should be more than one day, to show them how much we love them. Why do we celebrate Mother’s Day and what was the origin of Mother’s day? And what can you do different this year that will have a long lasting effect and not get thrown in the trash? The Neem Queen is excited to share how you can give the Gift of Health this year and for years to come.
The Origins of Mother’s Day
According to Wikipedia, the modern holiday of Mother's Day was first celebrated in 1908, when Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother at St Andrew's Methodist Church. Her campaign to make "Mother's Day" a recognized holiday in the United States began in 1905, the year her mother, Ann Reeves Jarvis, died. Ann Jarvis had been a peace activist who cared for wounded soldiers on both sides of the American Civil War, and created Mother's Day Work Clubs to address public health issues. Anna Jarvis wanted to honor her mother by continuing the work she started and to set aside a day to honor all mothers, because she believed that they were "the person who has done more for you than anyone in the world". In 1914, Woodrow Wilson signed a proclamation designating Mother's Day, held on the second Sunday in May, as a national holiday to honor mothers. Keep in mind, mothers have been celebrated by many cultures for thousands of years, this is just the history of Mother’s day in the United States.
What should you get the Queen in your life?
So, now what do you give that amazing Mother figure in your life? How can you show how much you care for them? Give them the Gift of Health with Neem! Below are the top 5 Neem and Natural Mothers day gifts to pamper the Queen in your life and a gift you can give that we hope will be loved and enjoyed.
- A handwritten note and your time. Yes, we know this isn’t a neem gift but we wholeheartedly believe that the most valuable gift you can give is something that shows how much you really care. Write a poem, share a special moment you shared with her or compose a list of things you love about them. Give your mom a call, visit if you can and I’ll promise you, that will be more loved than any gift you can buy!
- Cuticle Hand and Foot Cream- Your hands and feet will thank you after experiencing this cream! Aloe, Jojoba, Avocado, and Coconut Oils make this buttery cream a luxurious treat and hydrate even the driest of skin! Vitamin E nourishes brittle nails while Lemongrass essential oil gives a pleasant scent and attacks fungus nature's way!
- Neem Foaming Hand and Body Soap- Clearer skin is just a foam away! The rich creamy foam glides over your skin as the Neem Bark, Neem Oil and other healing oils go deep into your pores to kill acne causing bacteria and remove excess sebum. Your skin is refreshed without feeling overly dry. Neem Foaming Soap also makes an excellent shaving foam! Your skin is smooth, protected and no shaving bumps!
- Neem Tea Tub Bath- Relax and enjoy a soothing Neem Tea bath and let nature heal and preserve your skin. The Neem Queen has searched high and low to find the best quality neem leaves to make reusable neem bath tub tea bags to use to sooth itchy skin and heal problem skin. .
- Neem Oil Bar Soap- All About Neem bar soaps are designed and created to caress and cleanse extra sensitive skin natures way! Moisturize and smooth even the most sensitive skin with Neem and Moringa oils and pamper your mother with one of seven unique Neem soaps.
- “Queen’s Anointing” Neem Night Cream with Moringa- Treat your mom to the Queen’s Anointing face cream formulated to anoint your neck, face and body nightly, your skin deserves pampering! Our face cream contains the deeply nourishing blend of Moringa Oil, Aloe, St. John’s Wort and Jojoba Oil. You’ll love how quickly your skin absorbs and smooths as your senses enjoy the delightful and relaxing scent of rose.
A lot of moms out there seem to have it all and buying something just to buy something can sometimes seem wasteful and thoughtless. So if you are looking for a unique gift for Mother’s Day, consider putting together a fun, organic and natural ‘Gift of Good Health’. Find some items that she can pamper herself with AND improve her health at the same time. Hand deliver it if you can with your handwritten note and spend some time with the ones you love!
Walk in Good Health!
The Neem Queen